Equal Opportunity Cell
The Equal Opportunity Cell of the college ensures that all students are treated as equal. Our college has always ensured that differently abled students do not get left behind in the learning process. Teachers pay more attention to their special needs and provide them more encouragement and support by conducting special classes for them after college hours, if needed. Also, the staff and management make it their prerogative to provide scribes for these students during tests and exams. Special facilities are provided.
||Dr. R Parvathi
|Head of the Committe:
||Jagadeesh F Nerlekar
||Narayanaswamy S G
|Dr Rammya B|
|Febina K S|
To achieve / promote excellence in higher education for the realization of vibrant and inclusive growth in all sections of the society, through equal opportunity, knowledge creation and dissemination.
- To eliminate the inhibitions associated with SC/ST/OBC Minorities and PWDs
- To provide access of equal education to all of section the society.
- To promote leadership qualities among the above sections of the society
Duties & responsibilities
- To ensure equity and equal opportunity to the community at large in the college and bring about social inclusion.
- To enhance the diversity among the students, teaching and non-teaching staff population and at the same time eliminate the perception of discrimination.
- To create a socially congenial atmosphere for academic interaction and for the growth of healthy interpersonal relationships among the students coming from various social backgrounds.
- To make efforts to sensitize the academic community regarding the problems associated with social exclusion as well as aspirations of the marginalized communities.
- To help individuals or a group of students belonging to the disadvantaged section of society to contain the problems related to discrimination.
- To look into the grievances of the weaker section of society and suggest amicable solution to their problems.
- To disseminate the information related to schemes and programmes for the welfare of the socially weaker section as well as notifications/memoranda, office orders of the Government, or other related agencies/organizations issued from time to time.
- To prepare barrier free formalities/procedures for admission/ registration of students belonging to the disadvantaged groups of society.
- To establish coordination with the Government and other agencies/organizations to mobilize academic and financial resources to provide assistance to students of the disadvantaged groups.
- To adopt measures to ensure due share of utilization by SC/ST in admissions, recruitments (teaching and non-teaching posts) and to improve their performances.
- Student who is in need of assistance and counseling with respect to academic, financial, social and other matters can approach the members directly and fill a form related to the query or may visit the college website to fill the form online.
- Once the form is submitted, the query raised by the student will be viewed by the members of the cell and the Principal.
- Possible solution will be discussed by the cell members in presence of principal and a solution for the same will be decided.
- Appropriate solution will be given to the student through email.
- The cell assures to provide the solution within 10 working days.