Examination & Equipment Committee
The Examination committee is an apex body of the Institution which is headed by the Head of the committee and senior faculty members under the Chairpersonship of Principal. The committee monitors and takes care of three sections: Examination, Record Maintenance and Administration. The main function of this Committee is to carry out examinations-internal and external as per timetable, publish results and award certificates (provided by the University and Institution) to the students, maintaining the record of each and every issues related to the examination and organizing workshops and seminars for the improvement of the examination system are also the responsibilities of this Committee.
- To maintain accepted procedures with respect to examination.
- To keep providing qualitative and reliable educational assessment.
- To keep encouraging students in striving for academic excellence
- To design proper exam profiles
- To evaluate that the ultimate objectives of the courses have been achieved
- To set exams in order to assess whether students have been benefited or not from the courses as expected and plan out strategies accordingly
|The Committee Comprises of
||Dr. R Parvathi, Principal
|Head of the Committe:
||Bharathi P S
||Narayanaswamy S G
|Febina K S|
|Cynthiya Mary, BBA|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Timetable for internal tests
- Conducting regular tests (Two tests and preparatory exams)
- Conducting Seminars wherever required
- Preparation of semester Examinations
- Maintenance of test registers
- Assigning works to the Class mentors
Test and Examination
- Two Internal Tests
- Five Assignments / Skill Development Activities
- One preparatory examination
- Compulsory Attendance throughout the semester
- Note: Students shall compulsorily attend all the tests and Examinations. Marks will be sent to parents through SMS / Parent teacher interaction. Marks are allotted for attendance.
- The Institute conducts two types of examinations - Internal Examination (Unit Test) and External Examination.
- External Examinations are conducted by the University and the Internal Examinations are conducted by the College.
- As part of Internal Examinations, internal assignment, unit test, skill development activities and classroom exercises are conducted. The examinations are conducted with utmost care with complete transparency and fairness. The internal examination is conducted for 20 marks each.
- The question papers for internal examinations are prepared by the respective faculty and approved by the head of the concerned departments. The question paper is prepared following the pattern of the University paper.
- The hall tickets are issued to the students for University Examinations as soon as received from the University.
- Any grievance related to the hall ticket like printing of wrong name or delay in issuance is addressed by the exam cell.
- The exam cell immediately looks into the matter and sends it to University on Priority basis for taking necessary actions. The issues of the students are dealt with high priority and solved as soon as possible.
- The external question papers are opened 30 minutes before the commencement of examination
The IQAC will collect feedback from students and faculty after completion of courses and incorporate the improvement aspects.