Parents Relation Cell
Parent teacher association meeting is held twice a year. Students, Teachers and Parents are the three important parts of the process of education. Parents cooperation is needed to deepen the impression made by the teachers. The students are with the teacher for 6 hours and with the rest of the society and with parents for 18 hours. Parents and the society have a close relation to the student. To let the meeting of the minds, to understand the individual characteristics of a student and to judge their capacity, the cooperation of the parents is very important. Therefore parent teacher association exists to provide closure links between home and college an excellent way to bring staff, parents and students together socially in support towards an institution working towards a common goal.
- To give information about the students.
- To get the cooperation of the parents for regular attendance of the students.
- To inform parents about assignments, activities conducted.
- To emphasize the need to supply the students with books, notebooks and other essential equipment.
- To insist students to follow the rules framed by the college.
- To give personal attention to differently abled students if any in consultation with parents.
|The Committee Comparises of
||Dr. R Parvathi
|Head of the Committe:
||Ambily I P
Interaction with Parents and Teachers on
- Academic growth of Students
- Performance of Students
- Participation in activities
- Expectations of the parents from the colleges
- The standard of education, facilities and equipment
- Any complaints of the parents
Contact between the Parents and Teachers on
The contact between parents and teachers are according to need for the same. The teacher may visit the parents, if there is a need or the parents may be required to visit the college. Alternatively a letter may be written to visit the college. Parents are invited for celebrations at college.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The main role of Parent Relation Cell is to build strong relationship among parents-teachers and college in support of students.
- To keep an accurate record of students and also to encourage parents to keep track of their ward.
- To update minutes of meetings.
- Suggestions regarding the students overall performance
- Based on issues, respective faculties are suggested with suitable action and to maintain confidential report.
- Parents may discuss personal issues of the students, if interested to build a strong relationship between the college, parent and students.
- To entertain the complaints of students and also taking the help of extra counselors if necessary and suggesting various academic programmes for the progress of their ward.
- Parents who is in need of any assistance and counseling with respect to their wards’ academic, financial, social and other issues, can approach the members directly and fill a form related to the query or may visit the college website to fill the form online.
- Once the form is submitted, the query raised by the parents will be viewed by the members of the cell and the Principal.
- Possible solution will be discussed in presence of principal and a solution for the same will be decided.
- Appropriate solution will be given to the parents through email or directly.
- The cell assures to provide the solution within 10 working days.